1 October 2011
- Fully respect its international human rights obligations spelled out in the international human rights instruments.
- Investigate allegations of human rights violations in the above-mentioned and many other cases that remain pending for lack of investigation.
- Reactivate the Land Commission with a newly appointed Chairperson who fulfills the criteria of a fair and understanding retired judge and is acceptable to all local leaders in the Chittagong Hill Tracts.
- Declare a roadmap through which the 1997 CHT Accord can be implemented in full within the tenure of the present government as promised in the Election Manifesto.
- Direct the Ministry of CHT Affairs to withdraw the limitations placed on the CHT Commission’s missions, which we believe to be a violation of the rights to freedom of movement and freedom of expression of the members of the CHT Commission, and enable us to continue our work in raising public awareness about the Accord.
Co-chair of the Co-chair of the Co-chair of the
CHT Commission CHT Commission CHT Commission
Letter HR Violation October 2011