- Take all necessary measures to restore tolerance in the area and ensure the future safety of the indigenous people subject to attack
- Thoroughly and impartially investigate the event and identify the main perpetrators, bringing those responsible to justice
- Ensure exemplary punishment of the perpetrators who were directly or indirectly involved in this violation of human rights
- Investigate the involvement of the Bangladesh Border Guards in these attacks
- Investigate and reprimand the lack of action taken by the authorities to stop the attacks, despite being at the scene
- Take all measures to fulfil the election promises two years ago and to fully implement the Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord
- Issue instructions to military, para-military, police and para-police personnel posted in the CHT to protect all communities without discrimination and to provide communities that have a recent history of such attacks or vulnerability special protection.
- Ensure the cooperation of the National Human Rights Commission of Bangladesh.
Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh
Office of the Prime Minister
Fax: +880 2 811 3244 / 3243 / 1015 / 1490
Tel: +880 2 882 816 079 / 988 8677
E-mail: or or
Ministry of Law, Justice & Parliamentary Affairs
Tel: +880 2 7160627
Fax: +880 2 7168557
3. Ms. Sahara Khatun MP
Ministry of Home Affairs
Tel: +880 2 7169069
Fax: +880 2 7160405, 880 2 7164788
4. Mr. Nur Mohammad
Inspector General of Police (IGP)
Fax: +880 2 956 3362 / 956 3363
Tel: +880 2 956 2054 / 717 6451 / 717 6677
Please send us a copy of any action that has been taken distributing our message, and a copy of any responses received.
This message has been sent by GHRD* to local authorities and International Organisations in order to spread the message, increase awareness, and encourage action be taken to bring perpetrators of human rights violations to justice.